Monday 2 May 2011

Chilli Con Carne

HOLA AMIGOS! Welcome back to cooking 101 with Lucky King! (LOL not bad) :) Today's recipe is the hot pot wonder Mexican/Spanish dish, Chile Con Carne which means "chili pepper with meat" in English. Ok enough about the origin or translation details and let's just get the cooking started shall we?

What I'm about to share with you is most probably one of the quickest way (me thinks) to cook the good old chilli con carne. Not too many ingredients & fussy preps. Instant cooking, is what I really like when I do the cooking at home specially when my hubby and I gets home from work a bit late and we're really famished, or I feel sick or tired (lazy most of the time), arrival of unexpected visitors at home or anything for that reason. Actually my hubby wanted tuna pasta bake but I said we'll be eating dinner at half past 10pm if we do that.. Let's see maybe tonight and I'll surely blog about it :P

So let's start!

Here's our shopping list:
1 sachet Colman's Chili Con Carne Recipe Mix
450g (1lb) lean minced beef
2 medium sized onions ( I've only used 1 because it's quite a large one), chopped
400g (15oz) can tomatoes (I've used waitrose chopped tomatoes with olive oil & chopped garlic)
400g (15oz) kidney beans, drained (I've used essential waitrose red kidney beans in chilli sauce. But feel free to pep up this dish with more chilli depending on your taste. I prefer it mild spicy because we've got kids at home)
150ml (1/4 pint) cold water


How To Cook:
1. Brown the mince and onion and drain off any excess fat
2. Mix the contents of the sachet wth the water and add the mince.
3. Add the tomatoes and kidney beans.
4. Bring to boil, stirring continously.
5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until throroughly cooked.
6. Ensure piping hot and serve immediately
(above were copied from the back of the Colman's recipe Mix sachet)


mis ingredientes lol!

browning the onion and mince

Colman's recipe mixed with 1/4 pint cold water

added the sauce to the skillet

added the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans

leave it simmer for atleast 10-15 mins
DELICIOSO!!! Bon appetit? LOL

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show Some Love